What the following legal stuff means is
- You can download this for a fortnight free of charge to read it, just as you might borrow a library book
- If you keep it for more than a fortnight you have to pay us £10 sterling if you are a private individual and then you can use it like a book you have bought.
- Check the detail below for
- how to pay,
- what to do about foreign currency
- what to do if you want to use it across an organisation
- or as educational source material
- or for commercial purposes
- You don’t have to pay if you are a member of THSG who is fully paid up at the recommended subscription rate. As this is the same as the price then if you are not a member yet you can choose to join rather than just buy the book – it costs the same.
1. RESERVATION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS The Transport & Health Study Group retains full copyright in this publication and reserves to itself all intellectual property rights.
2. ASSERTION OF AUTHORSHIP AND EDITORSHIP. CITATION. It asserts the rights of Jennifer Mindell, Stephen Watkins and Judith Cohen to be named as editors of the publication which should be cited as:
- Mindell JS, Watkins SJ, Cohen JM (eds). Health on the Move 2. Policies for health-promoting transport. Stockport: Transport & Health Study Group, 2011.
It also asserts the rights of the named authors of individual chapters to be named as authors of those chapters which should be cited as, for example:
- Davis A, Cavill N, M Wardlaw M, Mindell J. ‘Chapter 2. Physical Activity, Trends in Walking and Cycling and the Obesity Epidemic.’ in Mindell JS, Watkins SJ, Cohen JM (eds). Health on the Move 2. Stockport: Transport & Health Study Group, 2011
3. LICENSE MADE AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC AS INTELLECTUAL PERMISSIVE COMMON ESTATE
For so long as this notice remains displayed on this website (and subject to the right of THSG to revoke it at any time in its absolute discretion) the public are licensed
(a) to download the document for the purpose of reading it and then deleting it within two weeks and
(b) to print off short extracts (to the same degree that they could lawfully copy extracts from a reference book in a library) and to make non-commercial use of the information.
4. FURTHER LICENCE MADE AVAILABLE TO
- PAID UP MEMBERS OF THSG PAYING THE FULL RECOMMENDED SUBSCRIPTION, AND
- MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC FOR ONE YEAR AFTER PAYING TO THSG A SUM EQUAL TO THE FULL RECOMMENDED SUBSCRIPTION.
The above persons are licensed to download and keep and/or print off one full copy of the publication and to use that in the way that they would lawfully use a book they had purchased. They are also licensed to use information from the book in teaching educational courses in publicly-funded educational institutions and in recognised professional training programmes.
They are also licensed to make limited commercial use of the information as follows:- the information may be used in grant applications or contract proposals provided that a full commercial licence is purchased if the application or proposal succeeds.
The recommended subscriptions for THSG on which this licence is based are
- Individual member per year UK £10, other EU €12, United States $16 (group discounts are available – see the membership page of the website)
- Local organisation per year UK £25 other EU €30 United States $40
- National organisation per year UK £500 other EU €600 United States $800 (contributions in kind may be accepted – see the membership page of the webpage)
- Other developed countries – convert UK rates at current rates of exchange
- Developing countries – convert UK rates at purchasing power parity. If you do not have official purchasing power parity data to hand, £5 is the price of a sandwich and a cup of coffee (or if sandwiches and coffee are unusual and expensive in your country, an equivalent local lunchtime snack).
The circumstances in which organisations will make use of a download will vary considerably. To download one copy to one PC or print off one copy for use by a single person or in a small team it is sufficient to pay the licence fee applicable to an individual. Printing multiple copies or placing the electronic copy on a network will require payment of the organisational licence fee. Commercial use will involve the negotiation of a specific licence. To place one copy in a library available only to members of the organisation or available free to the public the individual licence fee applies. However a library which charges for access is a commercial use. We are open to discussions with organisations about rates appropriate to their individual circumstances. To discuss this, phone +44 (0)161 474 2450.
Cheques should be made payable to the Transport & Health Study Group and sent to our Secretary, Liz Davies, THSG, Public Health, Edward St, STOCKPORT, SK1 3XE England .
Please specify whether you wish to treat it as a membership subscription or licence fee. The amount is the same and either choice gives you the benefit of the above licence.
5. COMMERCIAL USE
To discuss rates for commercial use phone +44 (0)161 474 2450.